back to thumbnails


Image 4 of 8
< Prev Next >
31/03/16<br />
<br />
Four children had a lucky escape this morning, after a shed caught fire and spread to nearby barns on a farm near Britain's highest village in Staffordshire.<br />
The youngsters were treated from smoke inhalation after an early-morning blaze at Summerhill Farm, in Flash, a remote village on the Staffordshire Moorlands.<br />
Three fire crews from Staffordshire, plus one from Derbyshire, were called to the incident, which was reported at around 5.42am.<br />
A spokeswoman for Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service said the barns were “well ablaze” and that a water carrier was also sent to help.<br />
 She said: “The fire involved a shed which was attached to a brick building and crews worked to prevent it spreading further into the residential area. <br />
“A caravan was also on fire.”<br />
<br />
All Rights Reserved: F Stop Press Ltd. +44(0)1335 418365